The City of St. Albert is recruiting an individual to join our Public Works & Transit department as a Facility/Lease Planning Project Manager.
Reporting to the Director, Public Works & Transit, this position will be responsible for the development of the overall analysis, planning and coordination of the City’s facility and leasing plan. As the project manager, this position will be responsible for the coordination of leases, providing support when there are changes in accommodations involving City staff, and overseeing the work of consultants, contractors and other stakeholders on a facility/leasing project.
This position will be responsible for developing a multi-year facility plan that maximizes the leasing revenues, minimizes leasing expenses, while also identifying and moving towards optimization of civic workspaces and staff locations. It will develop and conduct lease, buy, build analysis to support recommendations. It will create or work with GIS to create maps and plans associated with changes in facilities.
This position will work with the Leadership Team to assess leasing, facility and spacing needs and changes necessary to accommodate the future workforce and will help link facility plans to business and workforce planning where applicable.
This position will also coordinate and supervise the work of consultants or contractors on projects and will track costs and develop reporting tools.
The project manager will be an advocate of department services and will be skilled at presenting complex and contentious issues to internal and external clients in a professional manner.
• An undergraduate degree discipline related to project management, facilities management, architecture or interior design, combined with a minimum 3 years of related experience or a similarly related diploma and 5 years of related experience.
• Certificates in the Facilities Management profession are considered an asset.
• Previous experience in a municipal government environment is preferred.
• Analytical skills and ability to take complex and large amounts of data and synthesize for target audience.
• Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent project management knowledge and abilities.
• A valid Class 5 Drivers License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks). Meetings outside of regular office hours, and work and/or travel in the evenings and weekends will be required.
$67,795 - $83,440 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter explaining how your background and accomplishments will meet the needs of the City of St. Albert.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post. Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. (Mountain Time Zone) on closing date.