Standard General Inc. (Edmonton) is looking for full-time seasonal Concrete Finishers for the 2020 road construction season.
The Concrete Finisher’s main purpose is to perform a variety of tasks including placing, finishing, protecting and repairing concrete.
- Positively participate in the Company safety program and adhere to all safety requirements
- Adhere to all Policies and Safety Procedures, including the COVID-19 Policya nd procedures
- Exhibit behavior that aligns with core values of Safety, Growth, Integrity, Quality and Collaboration
- Operate a manual screed to level freshly placed concrete according to grade and depth specifications
- Smooth concrete surfaces using hand trowels, long handled bull floats, or powered floats
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with tools to help control cracking
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Monitor the wind, heat and cold as it affects the curing of the concrete
- Use skill to smooth and finish freshly placed concrete
- Apply surface treatments and restore concrete surfaces
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn and develop new skills as required for the role
- Ability to take direction
- Willingness and ability to train others
- Must be reliable
- Must exhibit a strong work ethic
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding role requiring repetitive tasks such as balancing, heavy lifting, standing, kneeling, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching and manual dexterity over extended periods of time
- Must have good vision, stamina, hand-eye coordination, and an ability to estimate size and dimensions
- Must be alert and able to work safely around moving road construction equipment
- Must have strong regard for ethics
- 1 to 2 years of concrete finishing experience is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of working with concrete materials is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license (Alberta Class 5, or equivalent) with own transportation may be required.
- Travel between local job sites as required
- Overtime, evenings and weekends as required
- Work outdoors in a dusty and noisy construction environment, potentially in adverse weather conditions
- Potential to drive company vehicles or equipment
- Must meet and adhere to all safety requirements and applicable safety policies, including pre-employment drug, alcohol, and medical testing
Please visit: www.standardgeneraledmonton.ca
The above statements reflect the core duties and describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role; other duties assigned may vary depending on the department requirements to which the position is assigned. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.