Connect Logistics Services Inc. (CLS) located in St. Albert, is a third party contractor that provides warehouse and distribution services of spirits, wine, import beer and cannabis throughout the province of Alberta on behalf of Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC). We are a member company of DHL Supply Chain (DHLSC), a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), the World's Leading Mail and Logistics Company.
We are currently looking for an Operational Business Analyst to join our team. In this Operational Business Analyst role with CLS:
- You’ll be responsible for capital asset management.
- You’ll be responsible for the ongoing review of the general ledger and preparation of reclassifying journal entries as required.
- You’ll prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
- You’ll work closely with accounts payable and accounts receivable in preparation of month end accruals.
- You’ll utilize strong Excel skills in the creation, troubleshooting and enhancements of various spreadsheets.
- You’ll participate in client and corporate audits.
- You’ll work independently to manage deadlines and prioritize your workload in a manner that enables you to achieve results.
- You’ll work as part of a team providing operational support for the month-end close process and provide financial analysis that enables our sites to achieve peak performance.
- You’ll be involved in updating monthly forecast models and annual budget preparation.
- You’ll be responsible for providing time sensitive functional department support which could include spreadsheet development and ad hoc data analysis.
- You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunity for efficiency and maintaining current work instructions.
For more information, please visit www.connect-logistics.com
Can you see yourself in a role where you are responsible for influencing operational leaders and decision-making in a distribution center environment? Are you the type of person who takes initiative to solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities? Do you demonstrate the ability to think analytically and creatively while maintaining an intense attention to detail? Would it motivate you when the guidance you provide has a direct impact on company profitability?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a top notch Operational Business Analyst who will provide financial/operational insight and guidance to enhance performance and process efficiency.
To provide analytical support for all operating activities, such as customer demand/volume planning, warehouse productivity, labor efficiency, throughput reporting and analysis, month end close, payroll, receivables, payables, etc. Also responsible for activities such as indirect purchasing, HR, payroll, temp procurement, collections, and certain GL close responsibilities.
Customers and/or Vendors
- Provide information as requested by external customers in relation to any and all items on customer invoices
- Audit vendor payables for accuracy and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to payment
- Provide a professional environment with relation to external customer representatives
- Execute daily customer / vendor contract requirements and identify accessorial activity and ensure necessary documentation
- Associate / Inside Site
- Work with Operations and HR department associates on a daily basis, providing support and assistance as needed
- Provide support to Kronos application and set-up to ensure accurate hourly activity reporting
- Interact with GMs, Mgrs., and Supvs to provide analytical support as needed
- Provide back up to the purchasing supervisor when needed
- Participate in the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates
- Direct involvement with Accounting and Commercial Finance departments
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to operations personnel in all areas of the operation as needed and requested
- Prepare month end close accrual and reclass journal entries
- Assist as needed with accounts receivable processing and collection
- Assist as needed with billing and proper revenue reporting
- Assist as needed with account payable processing
- Reconcile Purchase Orders as support to expense recognition
- Prepare daily and weekly labor analysis reports for operations productivity analysis
- Participate in the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and site requirements
- Ownership of balance sheets (black-line) account reconciliations
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Business or relevant field, required
- Bachelors degree in Business or relevant field, preferred
- 1-3 years experience in Accounting or Financial Reporting role, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Brand: Connect Logistics
Address: 50 Corriveau Ave St Albert, AB - T8N3T5
Property Description: C000 - St Albert AB
Property Number: C000