The Arts and Heritage Foundation of St. Albert is a non-profit organization that manages and operates the Musée Héritage Museum, the St. Albert Heritage Sites and the Art Gallery of St. Albert. Our mission is to provide exceptional arts and heritage experiences in the community.
We are looking for a motivated and organized individual to work across the organization providing administrative support and coordinating projects and events. This position will play a critical day-to-day role in the smooth running of the organization.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Maintain membership records and send out annual renewals
· Process memberships and donations
· Provide membership reports
· Coordinate across the organization on membership activities and retention
· Recruit and register volunteers across the organization
· Maintain volunteer records
· Provide volunteer reports
· Coordinate across the organization and plan volunteer appreciation events
Marketing and Communications
· Coordinate marketing and design requests from all areas of the organization
· Send out media releases
· Support the marketing and communications specialist
· Data entry, preparing invoices for school programs and general support for finance area
· Coordinating special events across the organization, including the AGM
· Acting as liaison with AGLC for casinos and liquor licences
· Coordinating events and projects across the organization
· Support the executive director on project and grant administration, statutory filings and board documents
Experience and Attributes
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
· Experience working in the cultural sector
· Experience working in a non-profit/charitable organization
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Marketing and communication skills
· Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Friendly and visitor focused outlook
· Event coordination is an asset
· Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
Salary Range and hours
· $47,070 to $51,435
· 35 hours weekly, Monday to Friday with evening and weekend work as required to facilitate events
· Extended health care benefits and matching RRSP
Currently some work is being done from home due to Covid-19 restrictions, once these restrictions are lifted this position will be primarily working on site with the flexibility of working from home one day a week.
The Arts and Heritage Foundation is committed to providing a safe working environment for our staff and volunteers, and to protect visitors and participants in our community classes we are part of the Restriction Exemption Program. At this time our policy is that all staff must provide proof of vaccination or medical exemption to work on-site or access any of our buildings.
The Arts and Heritage Foundation requires employees to have a Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check (VSPIC)
For more information about the Arts and Heritage Foundation, Musée Héritage Museum, St. Albert Heritage Sites and the Art Gallery of St. Albert, please visit us at www.artsandheritage.ca
The Arts and Heritage Foundation encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
How to apply
Please apply using the application form in our career page on our website at:
We thank you for your application but only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The position will remain open until filled. Application review will start on December 6, 2021.
We respectfully acknowledge that we are on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and Métis peoples. As treaty People, Indigenous and non-Indigenous, we share the responsibility for stewardship of this beautiful land.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $47,070.00-$51,435.00 per year
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
We are part of the provincial government’s Restriction Exemption Program for staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)