Standard General Inc. Edmonton
250 Carleton Drive, St. Albert, AB T8N 6W2
Administrative Assistant – Reception (Permanent, Full-Time)
Standard General Inc. Edmonton is recruiting for a Permanent Full-Time Administrative Assistant position for our Reception Desk. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide reception duties at our front desk in addition to proving a variety of administrative support functions. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, patience, calm demeanor, a strong understanding of confidentiality, and exceptional customer-service skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to company policies, procedures, guidelines and initiatives. This includes (but is not limited to) ethics, Goal Zero safety initiatives, and SG Core Values of safety, growth, integrity, quality and collaboration.
- General Reception duties such as welcoming visitors and answering incoming calls, answering questions and redirecting as appropriate
- Book boardrooms; receive, distribute & prepare incoming and outgoing mail, couriers and inter office mail
- Maintain, organize and stock reception area
- Monitor and order supplies with a focus on cost efficiency
- Processing invoices; verify, sort and scan Asphalt Plant tickets to distribution groups; Prepare daily deposits
- Entering and maintenance of supplier and customers in JD Edwards system
- Assist Human Resources with sorting resumes during peak hiring times
- Other duties as assigned to assist all departments when needed
- Ability to meet all pre-employment safety requirements including medical, drug/alcohol testing
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the public and individuals at all levels
- High customer service focus
- Able to work well under pressure and problem-solving
- Good organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Able to work effectively both independently or as a part of a team
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- High School diploma required; post-secondary education in administration is preferred.
- Flexibility and openness to expand and grow the position
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required
- Sitting for Extensive periods of time
Standard General Inc. offers extensive professional growth opportunities, excellent wages with a comprehensive benefit package. This posting will only remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the core duties and describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role; other duties assigned may vary depending on the department requirements to which the position is assigned. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
- Email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Administrative Assistant - Reception 2020”
- CLOSING DEADLINE is 8:00AM (MST) Friday March 6, 2020